Care instructions for when ghosting or unusual marks appear on whiteboards.
You need to have pieces of clean paper towel or soft cloths handy (do not use CHUX as it is abrasive to the whiteboard surface); the process is like polishing a car. You are to use the cleaner/conditioner on a piece of paper towel or cloth in a small section using circular motions then get a fresh clean piece of paper towel or cloth wipe it off. Use another new piece of paper towel/cloth and start a new section, and continue with a fresh clean paper towel/cloth to wipe it off. Repeat the process until the whole whiteboard surface has been cleaned. This should make a significant difference to your whiteboard. It is recommended that you should replace your whiteboard markers and eraser so everything is new.
Also, additional few tips in maintaining your whiteboard:
- Read Care and Use Instructions.
- Prior to use, always remove clear membrane and clean surface with a quality whiteboard cleaner.
- Ensure that the eraser is replaced regularly.
- Ensure that the marker has dried prior to erasure. (Smudging will occur which can be stubborn to remove.)
- Avoid the use of permanent markers.
- Avoid hand contact with the whiteboard surface. (This can leave body greases on the surface.)
- Never spray whiteboard cleaner directly on to the eraser. (This can activate the pen pigment and smear it all over the board surface.)
- Never use any form of abrasives (e.g. Chux) on the whiteboard surface as this will permanently destroy the surface and nullify the warranty.